After the connection is idle for one minute, Internet Explorer resets the connection
If you don't want the connection reset after one minute, set it for two minutes or better.
two minutes, type 120000.
Three minutes, type 180000
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I downloaded the update 8.1, tried to install but not succeed. Always after restart, about 7% or more it shut down and rolled back to Win 8. Error codes are 0xC1900101 and 0x2000C. I saw on some forums that it was because the hard disk is encrypted, so I deactivated BitLocker but always the same errors. That is very frustrated. Hat someone the same issue? Any ideas to solve this problem?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
After the connection is idle for one minute, Internet Explorer resets the connection
If you don't want the connection reset after one minute, set it for two minutes or better.
two minutes, type 120000.
Three minutes, type 180000
What do you recommend changing it to?
Follow the directions to change the default Keep-Alive Time-Out value
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813827/en-us
Retry installation
You might also try Safe Mode with Networking to install Windows 8.1
I followed the registry instructions you linked to above and it says "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
If I did it right then the problem is internet explorer. Since that isn't a third party app, what should I do?
The Component Object Model (COM) infrastructure tried to start the named server; however, the server did not reply within the required timeout period. There might be a deadlock, or the program might not have responded to the server initialization code within the timeout period of two minutes.
Perform a clean boot. You can follow the directions to determine if a third-party app is causing the issue. You might also retry installing while in clean boot mode. Remember to return the system to normal startup when finished.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista