Errors 0xC1900101 0x2000C while updating from 8 to 8.1 on Win-Store

Anonymous
2013-10-18T15:43:19+00:00

Hi,

I downloaded the update 8.1, tried to install but not succeed. Always after restart, about 7% or more it shut down and rolled back to Win 8. Error codes are 0xC1900101 and 0x2000C. I saw on some forums that it was because the hard disk is encrypted, so I deactivated BitLocker but always the same errors. That is very frustrated. Hat someone the same issue? Any ideas to solve this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-29T17:10:30+00:00

    I almost solved the problem! I decided to update my synaptics touch pad driver yesterday. I remember it from the Toshiba Website but it always gave me a failed to install error. A little research later and I got the driver installed. I tested the update and have the 20017 error and I believe Microsoft is working on a fix for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-17T00:09:12+00:00

    You're welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-16T22:49:42+00:00

    Thanks for all of your help. I am not noticing any issues caused by the wlan thing so I won't bother making a thread for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-16T17:52:00+00:00

    Repost a new Question in the Web & Networking forum.  Note the wlan error - ask for determination in issue with installation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-14T22:51:01+00:00

    I have looked at the two upgrade sites and uninstalled the programs before trying to update the first time. If factory reset is the only option, then I would rather just stay on normal 8. I did notice a wlan error in the log every time my computer reboots. I don't think that is the problem since my computer normally boots fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments