Thank you for the updated information. We appreciate you sharing this with us. Good Luck.
Errors 0xC1900101 0x2000C while updating from 8 to 8.1 on Win-Store
Hi,
I downloaded the update 8.1, tried to install but not succeed. Always after restart, about 7% or more it shut down and rolled back to Win 8. Error codes are 0xC1900101 and 0x2000C. I saw on some forums that it was because the hard disk is encrypted, so I deactivated BitLocker but always the same errors. That is very frustrated. Hat someone the same issue? Any ideas to solve this problem?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-02-09T18:21:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-02-09T18:00:27+00:00 I got it to work! I am almost certain the problem was overheating although there was nothing on the log about it. I propped my laptop up so it would have better air flow and the update went through. I had done an attempt a few hours before that failed so the only difference between the success and the fail was the airflow.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-31T18:43:27+00:00 Did you uninstall Anti-virus software?
Above link: Recommend is to stay with Windows 8.
Did you empty SoftwareDistribution Folder?
Was there more to the message than error 2000c? Ex: analog input canot display this video mode,when the computer restarts I get error message 0xc1900101-0x2000c
-
Anonymous
2013-12-31T17:28:08+00:00 I am back to the 2000c error. I had the 20017 error twice but I did again today and now I have this. My computer must have some weird issues.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-29T18:35:23+00:00 Thanks for keeping us informed. Did you see this article?
http://www.wiknix.com/solved-couldnt-update-to-windows-8-1-error-0xc1900101-0x20017/
Have you encrypted the hard drive? Decrypt it.