Along with those things, I would recommend making sure that your computer isn't overheating and has proper airflow. Laptops can be propped up to help with this. Something else that might help is to completely shut down the computer when it asks you to restart. Let it sit for a while so it can cool down and start it back up again.
Errors 0xC1900101 0x2000C while updating from 8 to 8.1 on Win-Store
Hi,
I downloaded the update 8.1, tried to install but not succeed. Always after restart, about 7% or more it shut down and rolled back to Win 8. Error codes are 0xC1900101 and 0x2000C. I saw on some forums that it was because the hard disk is encrypted, so I deactivated BitLocker but always the same errors. That is very frustrated. Hat someone the same issue? Any ideas to solve this problem?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2014-07-02T16:58:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-06-26T13:42:46+00:00 I am having the same problem. Terminal shut down at 31% then this error code. 3x. Doing changes along the way.
would this work:
- Disconnect all the devices connected to your computer. (HDD, keyboard, printer, second monitor)
- Remove directory "$windows.~bt" in C:/
-
- press
- Enter wsreset.exe and hit Enter
- Restart your computer.
- You try to update again. The command resets the Windows Store cache without removing installed apps or account settings.
-
Anonymous
2014-03-17T17:00:34+00:00 Good to hear it is resolved and thank you for sharing this information with us. Have a good day.
-
Anonymous
2014-03-17T16:10:59+00:00 I got same error 0xC1900101 - 0x2000C after rebooting, upgrade lasted 22 percent and PC stoped (Power off). I am absolut certain my problem was overheating. I also propped my laptop up so it would have better air flow and the update went through and I waited 15 minutes before rebooting. I had done several attempt before that failed so the only difference between the success and the fail was the airflow. I'm using HP Pavilion g7. Good luck all with same issue!