Windows update error 80246007

Anonymous
2014-08-20T18:03:21+00:00

error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T19:58:37+00:00

    When I was ready to uninstall microsoft office click to run it said everything in the box below would be uninstalled and what was showing in the box was Microsoft office 2010 starter-English. Do I want to uninstall this item?   Will I not lose the microsoft office 2010 if I do this?  Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T21:37:01+00:00

    Bill

    How was your Microsoft Office 2010 originally installed? How is it described in Programs and Features? There should be further words in the title between Office and 2010. Was it installed from a DVD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T21:46:26+00:00

    Microsoft office starter 2010-english  is how it reads. I do not remember how it was installed. I think it was done online. My dvd drive hasn't worked correctly in a few years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T21:56:07+00:00

    It was installed by a computer service business in town on 5-19-2014 according to the programs screen. Since my dvd drive doesn't work I don't think it was loaded with a dvd.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T22:06:27+00:00

    Bill

    You said earlier you had two Office entries in Programs and Features -Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features. Are you now saying there is only one entry?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments