Windows update error 80246007

Anonymous
2014-08-20T18:03:21+00:00

error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-25T21:54:51+00:00

    Try repairing Microsoft Office 2010.

    Select Start , Control Panel, Programs and Features. Place the cursor on Microsoft Office 2010, right click and select Change. Click Repair and Continue. When it completes restart your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-25T22:33:49+00:00

    I fixed microsoft office 2010. I noticed there was another microsoft office click to run program but it gave no choices for repair only uninstall so I left it.  Still can't install the update. Error  80070643

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T05:24:11+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you for the update.

    Did you try using methods provided in the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509997 in Gerry C J Cornell's reply on August 21, 2014?

    Please use methods 3 to 12 and reply with results.

    Important notes:

    While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

    Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T09:10:38+00:00

    Bill

    Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2598285) 32-Bit Edition was scheduled to install at 03:00 on 26 August 2014. I was hoping that repairing Office 2010 would enable it to install. You need to restart your computer for this to happen.

    The next link has a section about repairing Office Click-to-Run products:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/update-repair-or-uninstall-office-click-to-run-products-HA010382089.aspx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T13:33:47+00:00

    I checked this am and updates had failed. I did another repair on microsoft office 2010 and shut down computer. Then I ran updates again and one update was successful "Definition update for windows defender KB915597 but the update for microsoft office 2010  KB2598285  32-Bit edition failed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments