Windows update error 80246007

Anonymous
2014-08-20T18:03:21+00:00

error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-24T08:26:03+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

    I am sorry for late response.

    I would suggest you to try following steps and check if it helps.

    a. Click Start and type cmd in the start search box.

    b. Right click cmd and select "Run as administrator".

    c. In command prompt window, copy and paste the following commands (all at once) –

      net stop wuauserv

      net stop cryptSvc

      net stop bits

      net stop msiserver

      ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

      ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

      net start wuauserv

      net start cryptSvc

      net start bits

      net start msiserver

      pause

    d. Wait for the process to complete.

    e. Close command prompt.

    Now, go to Windows update and check.

    I hope this helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-24T16:59:00+00:00

    I ran these instructions and then went back and tried to install that 1 update(BITS) that wouldn't install previously. It still wouldn't install but I got a different error message  error code 80070643.  Then I ran the windows troubleshooter and 1 problem was not fixed. It was Windows update error 0x80070003(2014-08-24-T-11_42_43A).  Any suggestions.  I also was wondering should I go and delete the files(System information files, system and application logs ) that I downloaded and sent to microsoft or should I wait until everything finished?  I assume I would eventually delete these files but not sure. Thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-24T17:43:16+00:00

    Bill

    Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

    To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

    For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-25T05:20:17+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you for your response.

    I would suggest you to try steps provided in this article and check if it helps.

    Refer:

    Windows Update error "0x80070002" or "0x80070003"

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

    Note: Please ignore the steps from the above article which you have already tried.

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-25T15:58:45+00:00

    I performed all the steps in this article except step no.5 because system update readiness tool would not download.  I shut down computer and then logged back on and ran search for updates. I got and error message saying Windows could not search for updates  error code 80072EE2.  Then I ran the window update troubleshooter and got an error 0x80070003 2014-8-25  not fixed.  Any ideas I'm at a loss?  Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments