I performed a clean boot and still had no luck running the KB2598285 so I guess I will have to take desktop to computer shop and see if they can locate my problem. Thank you for your time and effort. If nothing else you have shown me many things about the computer that I didn't know. God bless and have a great day.
Windows update error 80246007
error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-08-27T13:21:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-08-27T12:21:54+00:00 Hello Bill,
Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate your time and patience.
As you mentioned that KB2598285 is still failing, I would suggest you to perform clean boot and then try to reinstall KB2598285.
Refer:
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.
Clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.
I hope it helps.
Thank you
-
Anonymous
2014-08-27T12:07:05+00:00 I did and now I have microsoft office starter 2010-english operating again and the microsoft click to run is no longer on the computer which I guess is a good thing. The microsoft office 2010(KB2598285)32-Bit edition still fails when I try to run. Thank you for your help.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-27T06:35:11+00:00 Bill
Use the System Restore point you created.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-27T05:42:17+00:00 Hello Bill,
Thank you for the response.
Unfortunately, it will not be possible to reinstall office starter 2010 as it is an OEM version of office. You may need to contact the manufacturer of the computer.
Thank you