I had already run the windows update troubleshooter and had restarted Bits. That didn't work. This is first time I have had trouble with any updates. A couple weeks ago I had 14 updates autorun and had no problems that I know of. The error as you probably know is an update to 32 bits edition so I thought checking BITS would do it but it hasn't. I ran the Windows update troubleshooter again and that same error wasn't fixed. Another thread said for me to run the System Update Readiness tool. When I was installing I got a message that it is not applicable to my computer so I am not sure what to do.
Windows update error 80246007
error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-08-21T15:30:44+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-08-21T13:29:57+00:00 The link below contains additional suggestions to those made by Ratandeep has provided.
Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
-
Anonymous
2014-08-21T06:36:39+00:00 Hello Bill,
Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.
I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.
Have you made any hardware or software changes to your computer recently?
This issue may occur if startup type of BITS is not correct.
I appreciate your efforts towards resolving the issue.
I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.
Method 1:
Run Windows update troubleshooter and check.
Refer:
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
If it does not help, then use method 2.
Method 2:
**Restart the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" (BITS) and "Windows Event Log" service.**Please follow these steps:
a. Click Start and then click control panel. In control panel, type administrative tools in search box and click administrative tools.
b. Double-click "Services".
Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
c. Right-click the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" (BITS) and then click properties.
d. In the "General" tab, next to "Startup type", make sure that "Automatic(Delayed Start)" is selected.
e. Next to "Service status", check to see if the service is started. If it's not, click "Start" and then click ok.
f. Right-click the "Windows Event Log" service, and then click properties.
g. In the "General" tab, next to "Startup type", make sure that "Automatic" is selected.
h. Next to "Service status", check to see if the service is started. If it's not, click "Start" and then click ok.
I hope this information helps.
Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you