Windows update error 80246007

Anonymous
2014-08-20T18:03:21+00:00

error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-01T13:17:26+00:00

    Bill

    Don't use windows backup very often.

    System images are invaluable if you have a  current image and need to restore a corrupted system. Volume Shadow copies of files are very useful if you have lots of document files. I have lots which individually are built on for reuse, so there can be quite a number of versions of the same file. You might reflect on what you stand to lose by not regularly backing up. I have scheduled Windows BackUp to run every Saturday. A commercial organisation sharing files would this more frequently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-01T09:30:36+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you for replying.

    Please keep us informed about the status of the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T14:30:25+00:00

    Don't use windows backup very often. I will keep you informed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T14:13:02+00:00

    Bill

    That's good news. I had fears that you had uninstalled before my suggestion to create a system restore point. How often do you use Windows BackUp to backup your system?

    The failing update make work itself out of the system after 03:00 tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T13:41:47+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you again for the reply.

    I hope that local tech shop people may be able to find and resolve the issue.

    Please keep us updated on the status of the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments