Windows update error 80246007

Anonymous
2014-08-20T18:03:21+00:00

error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T14:13:02+00:00

    Bill

    That's good news. I had fears that you had uninstalled before my suggestion to create a system restore point. How often do you use Windows BackUp to backup your system?

    The failing update make work itself out of the system after 03:00 tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T13:41:47+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you again for the reply.

    I hope that local tech shop people may be able to find and resolve the issue.

    Please keep us updated on the status of the issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T13:21:57+00:00

    I performed a clean boot and still had no luck running the KB2598285 so I guess I will have to take desktop to computer shop and see if they can locate my problem. Thank you for your time and effort. If nothing else you have shown me many things about the computer that I didn't know.  God bless and have a great day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T12:21:54+00:00

    Hello Bill,

    Thank you for the reply.

    I appreciate your time and patience.

    As you mentioned that KB2598285 is still failing, I would suggest you to perform clean boot and then try to reinstall KB2598285.

    Refer:

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

    Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

    Clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T12:07:05+00:00

    I did and now I have microsoft office starter 2010-english operating again and the microsoft click to run is no longer on the computer which I guess is a good thing. The microsoft office 2010(KB2598285)32-Bit edition still fails when I try to run.  Thank you for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments