I'm betting you just have to open Windows Media Player on the PC and check two things under Stream. Allow remote control of my player and the most important; Automatically allow devices to play my media. Then if you click more streaming options, you should see your Xbox has full access granted now! Ignore the Digital Media Renderer driver error, it's not an issue here...
Digital Media Renderer
I am trying to connect and stream video and pictures from my Windows 7 Pc to my Xbox One. I finally got my Pc to add the Xbox One to my Wireless Devices but now it's asking me to update my Digital Media Renderer Driver. When I click on Apply Fix it goes through the motions then an error message pops up. It says that their isn't a driver for the Digital Media Renderer and that there's trouble with PnP devices? The Xbox 360 was easy to connect but for some reason the Xbox One is having trouble. Please help. Thank you
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-10-23T04:22:47+00:00 Ok, so after having reading through all the comments on this page, I have come up with what has worked for me. I tried several things, so you may need to try them all. After doing all suggestions I was just about ready to give up. But then I thought maybe it was just the type of file. I tried MP4 as most downloaded videos are in this format now. But They used to be in AVI format. So I tried an AVI file, and it streamed no problem.
<advertisment removed>
Good luck everyone!
Trishamiss
-
Anonymous
2014-10-17T20:39:43+00:00 Thank you, this has worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-23T00:58:36+00:00 Try deleting the device from your computer and adding it again after. It worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-10T01:38:18+00:00 it always seems desirable to take the easy way out. unfortunately, this is a windows issue... funny thing is, either way, its a Microsoft issue...
needless to say, I'm having the same issue