I'm betting you just have to open Windows Media Player on the PC and check two things under Stream. Allow remote control of my player and the most important; Automatically allow devices to play my media. Then if you click more streaming options, you should see your Xbox has full access granted now! Ignore the Digital Media Renderer driver error, it's not an issue here...
Digital Media Renderer
I am trying to connect and stream video and pictures from my Windows 7 Pc to my Xbox One. I finally got my Pc to add the Xbox One to my Wireless Devices but now it's asking me to update my Digital Media Renderer Driver. When I click on Apply Fix it goes through the motions then an error message pops up. It says that their isn't a driver for the Digital Media Renderer and that there's trouble with PnP devices? The Xbox 360 was easy to connect but for some reason the Xbox One is having trouble. Please help. Thank you
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-02-09T17:52:10+00:00 all you have to do is go to device manager and uninstall the digital media renderer.
-
Anonymous
2016-01-06T03:00:29+00:00 how do you do that?
-
Anonymous
2016-01-06T02:59:00+00:00 Same here....and it's 2016. Can't they get it right?
-
Anonymous
2016-01-02T01:43:35+00:00 Wow after an hour+ of searching so many threads and troubleshooting, and nothing at all helping, I FOUND MY solution to this problem. And it's so simple I feel dumb for taking so long to try it.
I was hung at/stuck at contacting media server as well, but when I tried to play another file it seemed to at least get past that stage but wasn't playing.
All i did was RENAME the .mkv file to .avi and it worked immediately! Started downloading the video app on my Xbox One right away. As a .avi, the "play to" button came up right away when I right click - no need to do it within WMP anymore.
Again, just RENAME the file to .avi and it should work! No need to mess with the firewall or system services (although could help and worth trying I guess).