When opening Windows Live Mail: 'To help protect your account information, Please sign in again"

Anonymous
2013-11-05T04:14:16+00:00

I just started getting the following message every time I use MS Live Mail:  "To help protect your account information, Please sign in again". 

A box opens with that message inside every time.  If I select the  OK button, it allows me to log in to live mail again.  But if I select the close button it simply starts the live mail software. 

I'm converting from a private email host to windows live mail service utilizing outlook.com and plan to stop using the old service provider at the end of the month.  I've been receiving emails through both accounts for about 30 days.

I've checked both accounts, they've both been normal and both work well.  My virus software has reported no problems during daily scans.

Is this a suspicious box or is something wrong?

Original title: Please sign in again

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-01-30T09:39:30+00:00

The program requests that you login every time.

Only if you configure it to do so. If you don't want to sign in every time, when viewing your message list press Ctrl-Shift-O for Options. On the Connection tab, click Stop signing in. You may have to sign in first to activate the Stop signing in button.

Clicking cancel lets you into the program including calendar and Contacts.

As I wrote earlier, if you don't sign in, you will load the default calendar and contacts list.

It seems that it is just an annoying routine that serves no good

It serves precisely the purpose it was designed to serve: to make available the calendar and contacts list associated with the account you sign in with. These will be synchronized with those at calendar.live.com and contacts.live.com respectively, so that up-to-date versions are available to you from any computer or other device with an Internet connection. You will find hundreds of sorry tales in these forums about users who lost their contacts lists as a result of hardware failure or other unforeseen incidents; if they had signed in routinely, there wouldn't have been a problem with lost contacts.

You must also be signed in to be able to use some photo-sharing features of the program and of Windows.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-18T22:11:26+00:00

    Same here.

    Have to say I just moved a load of gmail accounts to outlook.com .  Really really regretting it now as it appears MS's own software supports their own services less than they do other companies.  If others come across this thread and are considering outlook.com accounts in tandem with WLM then I would suggest holdiing off for a while.  There is obviously a load of bugs in the system and MS aren't really taking the issue seriously.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-14T04:29:58+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue.  Signing in does nothing.  Its getting quite annoying.  There has got to be a fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-14T11:10:37+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue.  Signing in does nothing.  Its getting quite annoying.  There has got to be a fix?

    It appears that Microsoft are not interested

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-15T18:05:21+00:00

    im microsoft system administrator

    i have id of microsoft

    my emeil was blocked many time

    ashraf_******@hotmail.com

    i tray to get back my email through my altrnate emil it succeses but when it blocked agin i cant because i chose this option twice

    when i tray to use the other chioce to send code to my phone it dont send

    my phone no is right

    i use my code but when i but them and asked me to but new password it tell my ero messege

    mennig the service temprorry didnt work

    i want to get back my emeil nessery

    im dealers with zaytona telkom all phone no and all my work in the old hotmail ashraf_******@hotmail.com

    and plz replay on my new emeil

    swa_******@hotmail.com

    i have the no of microsft ID if i can return my account through this method

    because my account ashraf_******@hotmail.com realted to my ID of microsft and i have this Id

    i can send acopy of also

    plz

    help me

    through this emeil

    swa_******@hotmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments