When opening Windows Live Mail: 'To help protect your account information, Please sign in again"

Anonymous
2013-11-05T04:14:16+00:00

I just started getting the following message every time I use MS Live Mail:  "To help protect your account information, Please sign in again". 

A box opens with that message inside every time.  If I select the  OK button, it allows me to log in to live mail again.  But if I select the close button it simply starts the live mail software. 

I'm converting from a private email host to windows live mail service utilizing outlook.com and plan to stop using the old service provider at the end of the month.  I've been receiving emails through both accounts for about 30 days.

I've checked both accounts, they've both been normal and both work well.  My virus software has reported no problems during daily scans.

Is this a suspicious box or is something wrong?

Original title: Please sign in again

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-01-30T09:39:30+00:00

The program requests that you login every time.

Only if you configure it to do so. If you don't want to sign in every time, when viewing your message list press Ctrl-Shift-O for Options. On the Connection tab, click Stop signing in. You may have to sign in first to activate the Stop signing in button.

Clicking cancel lets you into the program including calendar and Contacts.

As I wrote earlier, if you don't sign in, you will load the default calendar and contacts list.

It seems that it is just an annoying routine that serves no good

It serves precisely the purpose it was designed to serve: to make available the calendar and contacts list associated with the account you sign in with. These will be synchronized with those at calendar.live.com and contacts.live.com respectively, so that up-to-date versions are available to you from any computer or other device with an Internet connection. You will find hundreds of sorry tales in these forums about users who lost their contacts lists as a result of hardware failure or other unforeseen incidents; if they had signed in routinely, there wouldn't have been a problem with lost contacts.

You must also be signed in to be able to use some photo-sharing features of the program and of Windows.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T17:19:16+00:00

    Hi JeffreyHigley,

    We sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Let me assist you with your concern.

    Please refer to the helpful information that was posted by iFiredog on January 30, 2014. On the other hand, you've mentioned that you're unable to access your account on your Kindle. Just to clarify, are you receiving any errors? If so, kindly provide the exact error that you have received.

    We're looking forward for your response.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T20:45:51+00:00

    Do not like this double sign-in. It also won't let my Kindle accept my login and password so I can't access my email there. How do I get rid of this double sign-in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T19:35:35+00:00

    It didn't matter what I clicked on that pop-up, I was still able to get my email, calendar and contacts.  However when I did the control+shift+o, got to the sign-in, and clicked on the Remember Me or Keep Me signed In, whatever showed up, the annoying popup went away.  Don't know what caused it to appear in the first place, hadn't made any changes - that I can remember, anyway.  Clicking on the Do Not Sign In did do away with the calendar, not sure what else because I backed out of there quickly.  I am not very computer savvy and think it's disgraceful that Microsoft with their $billions$ aren't more consumer friendly.  Absolutely hate 8 and 8.1!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-31T13:56:04+00:00

    The program requests that you login every time.

    Only if you configure it to do so. If you don't want to sign in every time, when viewing your message list press Ctrl-Shift-O for Options. On the Connection tab, click Stop signing in. You may have to sign in first to activate the Stop signing in button.

    Clicking cancel lets you into the program including calendar and Contacts.

    As I wrote earlier, if you don't sign in, you will load the default calendar and contacts list.

     

    It seems that it is just an annoying routine that serves no good

    It serves precisely the purpose it was designed to serve: to make available the calendar and contacts list associated with the account you sign in with. These will be synchronized with those at calendar.live.com and contacts.live.com respectively, so that up-to-date versions are available to you from any computer or other device with an Internet connection. You will find hundreds of sorry tales in these forums about users who lost their contacts lists as a result of hardware failure or other unforeseen incidents; if they had signed in routinely, there wouldn't have been a problem with lost contacts.

    You must also be signed in to be able to use some photo-sharing features of the program and of Windows.

    I did the control+shift+o and changed to do not sign. Then I opened Live mail. I again went to the control+shift+o and changed back to sign in and put in my sign in and password, remember me and now my Live Mail works fine. Hope it works for others.

    This too, also worked for me. Problem has been resolved. Thank you for the information and the time you took to help solve this issue. Cheers, TWO THUMBS UP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments