how to uninstall windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2013-10-23T01:23:51+00:00

how to uninstall windows 8.1

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2014-10-29T03:47:34+00:00

    There is no lawsuit. There's nothing to sue over. And Americans have waived away their right to a class action, and must instead use arbitration. I mean, if you want to threaten legal action, you did read the End User Licence Agreement?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-30T05:16:07+00:00

    The same thing happened to me last night. It updated itself to 8.1!! Without my permission as it happened to you. It said not to turn off the computer when it was updating so I left it alone. Then it would not restart properly. It gave me a message starting with "k mode" . I didn't write it down. I should have. Anyways, I was able to refresh it this morning and back up my documents and pictures. It showed no restore points at all. I had it set up to create restore points and just last week I had seen that working.

    So though I have not lost my data now I don't have my printer programs or my Microsoft Office programs. I'm missing my security programs, apps, and other stuff. I know I can install again except that it's such a hassle and I certainly did NOT expect or want this to happen.

    I agree that the response above that you had to prepare your questions was unprofessional and rude. It's one of the reasons I don't like dealing with "tech support" at all. Not every one is a techie.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-30T05:27:58+00:00

    I read this on USAToday website and since I had windows 8, it worked for me, radical, in that you reset and lose everything, so make sure.. but it got rid of the beta ****..

    A Microsoft frequently-asked-questions page about Win 8.1 explains this in conditional language that should give a reader pause: "If your PC came with Windows 8 you might be able to restore it back to Windows 8 by refreshing your PC."

    Should that work, it will allow the most orderly retreat possible. Win 8's underrated "refresh" option will put a clean copy of the operating systemin place, leaving your data intact but only reinstalling apps that came bundled on the computer or were obtained through the Windows Store.

    To use this option, tap or click the bottom-right corner of the desktop (or swipe in from the right edge of the Start screen), select the gear-shaped Settings icon, and then select "Change PC settings."

    In that screen, click or tap "Update and recovery," choose the Recovery option and proceed with a refresh from there. The computer will use the hard drive's system-recovery partition to put things back as they were when you took the computer out of the box, plus your own data.

    I also want to go back to Windows 8, by 'reinstalling apps' do you mean programmes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-16T16:26:35+00:00

    my pc has upgraded to windows 8.1 5 times, count them, 5 times without my approval. It doesn't give me a choice. I have devices that don't work with 8.1. I'm going to reset my pc one more time. Then Im Done

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-17T11:32:40+00:00

    YOUR NOT TO DAM SMAT EITHER.AIM NOT TO GOOD ON CPU BUT I HAVE MANAGED TO FIX 4 CPU THAT WAS CRASHED. SO I GUESS AIM NOT TO IGNORANCE AND OBSCURITY AFTER ALL .PUT THAT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments