how to uninstall windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2013-10-23T01:23:51+00:00

how to uninstall windows 8.1

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-27T19:32:26+00:00

    I have no idea why I have windows 8.1 on my laptop, except to say I turned it on one morning and it was being updated to 8.1 ,I was instructed not to turn off my computer until it was done and that is how I got 8.1 on my computer. I did not want this and do not want it now. Walter Ross

    Since this is a response to an over-three-year-old comment, this is mostly intended for current and future readers.

    This is just hypothetical, but I've been looking into updating Win 8 to Win 8.1 and one thing I came across is that updating from IE 10 to IE 11 (Internet Explorer) requires first updating Win 8 to Win 8.1.  Could it be that you were updating or installing software that required Win 8.1, and maybe that had a pop-up like "This requires that you update your OS to Win 8.1 before proceeding.  Would you like to update Win 8 now?"  If you didn't give it much thought and said "Yes," perhaps that could lead to it being in the final steps of completing the update the next morning when you booted up.  I don't really know, as I'm not that familiar with it, but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

    Charlie Campbell

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments