how to uninstall windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2013-10-23T01:23:51+00:00

how to uninstall windows 8.1

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-26T04:28:44+00:00

    Bull. Tonight I was working on my computer and a message popped up saying that it was going to install 8.1 on my computer in 14 minutes and had the option to install now. I did NOT go to the store and click on ANYTHING. Then at 14 minutes 8.1 was installed on my computer. I saw nothing that allowed me to cancel or opt out. The installation took a half hour or more and now I can't even get google chrome to work and I am on lame *ss explorer. I already HATE 8.1 which was NOT my choice!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-22T01:52:25+00:00

    As probably stated before you can't delete or uninstall an Operating. The Choices are a refresh a restore or a factory restore. Yes Programs and some Apps may have to be reinstalled but that is the way it is. And you better have your files, pictures, music backup or they may be lost. Sorry, but.... Hope this helps and if you need further assistance post and we will be glad to assist you.

    The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum.

    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." -John Muir

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T23:20:49+00:00

    Why can't anyone explain how to uninstall 8.1? I thought it was a pretty straight forward question. It's a POS and I'd also like to uninstall it as I can't get programs and printers to work with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T14:09:41+00:00

    There is a long list of things I would have to re install after doing a refresh.  It must be a better way to get rid of 8.1  SO HATE I INSTALLED THIS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-09T01:08:27+00:00

    I installed the up date for my computer and now it is having problems with opening programs it will give me program not working notes and I have to recover the page  it happens a lot and its a new computer I looked it up and it tells me this computer was not tested with windows 8.1 just windows 8. how do I get it back to windows 8

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments