how to uninstall windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2013-10-23T01:23:51+00:00

how to uninstall windows 8.1

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-12T03:27:53+00:00

    You own nothing but the Computer-You just bought a License. Maybe you should try reading that license. You want Off reinstall what ever OS you wish and that you can meet the requirements, Just format the drive and install. And one last thing Windows 8.1 does not download itself, it has to be click on. Anyone who says otherwise just don't know what they are talking about.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-12T02:15:13+00:00

    apparently, you are missing the point.  So people make mistakes.  Apparently, MS/windows has too, but instead of acknowledging that, the smugness and meanness do not do anyone favors and are not productive.

    By whatever means they (users or MS) are engendering these updates, the updates to Windows 8.1 are still upsetting people who appeared to not to understand fully what the update entailed... AND NO you do not have to BUY it from the Play or app store... it is in fact, in my experience,my system merely said, did I want to restart my computer now or later for updates... no mention of Windows 8.1  So all of you trying to tell people why they have to stick with Windowns 8.1, as if we did not live in a democratic, free society, where we should have the right to change our own minds about what we OWN, please please stop trying to correct people on their own experiences of their own computer use.

    Whatever... we want off Windows 8.1 NOW.  How much clearer do we need to be?

    (And no Windows 8 will not do.  I do not want to sign into an MS acct to get into my own computer.  Windows 7, or seriously I will just sell this computer.)  Let the free market speak.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-12T02:04:50+00:00

    I COMPLETELY COMPLETELY AGREE with muses333 AND walterH,Ross!!!!  

    The person's response is obfuscating from a rather straight forward request, and I would conjecture, being purposefully obtuse and difficult, and seriously rude to boot.

    I got a students windows office suite installed when I got my computer, I agreed, or so I thought, to an MS office update, thinking it was just an software update and I do not know that my computer would automatically update to Window 8.1.  Whatever the reason, why the hassel?

    I WANT TO UNINSTALL Windowns 8.1  Pretty straightforward request.  AND go back to Windows 7, so I Do NOT have to sign in with a Microsoft acct, nor even have one, ever, just to get access to my own materials on my own computer.

    BEFORE updating to windows 8, the system should have said more than this was just an "update" which implied to be a software update.  NO MENTION WAS MADE THAT IT WAS updating to Windowns 8 until well into the process.

    I do NOT WANT A MICROSOFT ACCT. I especially do not want to have to sign into one to get access to my own computer.  if I had to do that will my phone that would be complete madness. 

    I am taking my computer to have the system completely wiped.  I am seriously thinking now of selling it too... and getting a Mac.    Microsoft have convinced me that between the two giants, I would prefer to go back to Apple products.  So thanks alot, you helped me make that decision.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-26T13:25:26+00:00

    Believe what you will. I don't care. All I care about is getting this **it off of my computer. Have a nice day now won't ya!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-26T12:02:46+00:00

    Don't believe one word. Gordon had it right. I see through your veiled attempt to Bash Microsoft. Not everyone is as gullible as you would like. Your describe exactly what happens after Windows 8.1 downloads and is ready to install. You still had to click on install it.

      Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

    The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum.

    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

    If this answered your post Please mark it as answered.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments