how to uninstall windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2013-10-23T01:23:51+00:00

how to uninstall windows 8.1

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T22:39:10+00:00

    Ever since 8.1 was downloaded, I have not been able to properly use my work email.  It has also deleted printer drivers which were a handful to do in the first place. I really, really, really need to uninstall this.  Please tell me how I am able to go about this.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T20:22:06+00:00

    Since I updated to 8.1 I seem to have a new issue everyday and I can't seem to resolve any of them.  Windows Media Player will not work and now a lot of the start screen apps will no longer work. 

    In addition to the above issues, occasionally parts of my screen go black when I am scrolling down the page.  If I click on the page, the missing parts will come back a little at a time.

    I need to resolve the media player issue as I need it for my job.  I have tried the recovery option explained in this thread, but that did not work either.

    Windows 8 was great and I didn't have any problems.  I really would like to get it back.

    Thank you to anyone who has an answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T18:36:42+00:00

    Since I installed Windows 8.1 I have several issues and problems.  I want to UNINSTALL 8.1.  How do I do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-30T14:03:28+00:00

    I Had sky.com as my default homepage before I upgraded to windows 8.1 since then Ask.com is now my homepage and I cannot remove it as it is not in my programmes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T00:48:59+00:00

    I read this on USAToday website and since I had windows 8, it worked for me, radical, in that you reset and lose everything, so make sure.. but it got rid of the beta bugger..

    A Microsoft frequently-asked-questions page about Win 8.1 explains this in conditional language that should give a reader pause: "If your PC came with Windows 8 you might be able to restore it back to Windows 8 by refreshing your PC."

    Should that work, it will allow the most orderly retreat possible. Win 8's underrated "refresh" option will put a clean copy of the operating systemin place, leaving your data intact but only reinstalling apps that came bundled on the computer or were obtained through the Windows Store.

    To use this option, tap or click the bottom-right corner of the desktop (or swipe in from the right edge of the Start screen), select the gear-shaped Settings icon, and then select "Change PC settings."

    In that screen, click or tap "Update and recovery," choose the Recovery option and proceed with a refresh from there. The computer will use the hard drive's system-recovery partition to put things back as they were when you took the computer out of the box, plus your own data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments