how to uninstall windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2013-10-23T01:23:51+00:00

how to uninstall windows 8.1

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T20:53:56+00:00

    I would very much like to know how ti uninstall windows 8.1. You want a thorough question? Windows 8.1 takes away and personal connection to the computer and requires that one goes through the microsoft team for all and any changes they wish to make to their own computer. For example, I would very much like to see and interact with my RAM and processor which in Windows 8 allowed access to any programs that slowed this down. Windows 8.1 takes this away from the individual and requires a purchase or contact with microsoft. Also the pure ignorance and obscurity in the update that requires a  person to link their microsoft account, providing they even have one, and use it to sign onto their own computer. I do NOT want to link my account password or pin number with the start screen just to sign in. Many people also do not have another device in which they can even verify the email or text required when setting up after the update and can not use their computer since their old password no longer works.  I would like to return to Windows 8 or I will be pushing this matter further. Also, I find your response and I quote, ( Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.) not only rude but incredibly unprofessional and I will be reporting this to microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-12-23T03:12:19+00:00

    That's impossible.  You or someone else must have started it.  Windows 8.1 will never be automatically pushed to your computer unless you request it.  I'm sorry that you accidentally started it, or that someone used your computer without your permission.

    You can remove it using the steps that VanCountry politely provided above.  However you are misinformed:  Windows 8.1 has no such requirement to use a Microsoft Account.  You can continue using it without that and without a password just like always, because nothing changed.

    Just click "Sign In Without a Microsoft Account" at the bottom of the page:

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T01:38:01+00:00

    To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

    If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

    Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T01:35:35+00:00

    My computer was upgraded to 8.1 automaticly and without my permission.I want it removed and my computer reset to windows 8. Thank you  Walter Ross

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-02T02:23:41+00:00

    To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

    If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

    Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

    Seams like a fairly straight forward question to me, and I want to uninstall Windows 8.1 as well.

    It seems obvious the user wants to revert back to Windows 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments