Right click 8.1 'start' button does nothing

Anonymous
2013-11-01T18:45:56+00:00

Hi;

Upgraded from windows store (original 8.0 clean install) to 8.1.  Everything worked fine, except the windows start button does not respond to a right mouse click.  Left button works fine (switches between desktop and start menu), Right mouse clicks works as expected on every other object.  I don't have any of the windows 8.1 start screen navigation settings checked  (I.E. stop using the start screen).

Ideas?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-18T12:15:02+00:00

    thanks!

    create a new user,and login in use this new user

    switch to the old user,and copy Group1,Group2,Group3

    don't need logout, the right menu is do!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-17T16:24:49+00:00

    Yes, the backup works fine. I am using it on this computer and actually never installed the extension.

    Thanks again for posting a solution that worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-17T16:09:04+00:00

    Hi,

    Yes they are, I reported this a few months back. Memo said were aware of this issue and that the backup program would still work after uninstalling the browser extension.  So far I haven't seen any updates to fix the extension.

    D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-17T15:55:32+00:00

    PK

    Good find. I removed the extension on a system that was having the "right click" problem and it immediately went away. Wonder if Memeo is aware of the issue and is looking for a solution.

    Interestingly, I had the same problem on a second computer that did not have that extension installed and the only solution I found was to create a new user.

    OM

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T19:59:30+00:00

    Hello Again;

    I found the culprit!

    I scanned my hard disk with "sfc" (per instructions I found in this forum) and sfc tagged my file "CNBJ2530.DPB" as corrupted, but it could not fix it. Even though I have another healthy Windows 8.1 on a laptop, it turned out that changing that file would be more challenging (because of permissions, etc.) I could not even change it in "safe" mode.

    In digging further, I read in a column that "Memeo" backup program could be the culprit. But I had used this program on another WIndows 8.1 with no problem. Then I noticed Memeo installs an extention to "Windows explorer" as well. I removed that program (through Programs and Features" and the problem went away.

    So, for those of you who are facing this problem and have installed Memeo, removing that particular extention of Memeo could sovlve your problem.

    The rest of Memeo is working fine for me.

    PK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments