Right click 8.1 'start' button does nothing

Anonymous
2013-11-01T18:45:56+00:00

Hi;

Upgraded from windows store (original 8.0 clean install) to 8.1.  Everything worked fine, except the windows start button does not respond to a right mouse click.  Left button works fine (switches between desktop and start menu), Right mouse clicks works as expected on every other object.  I don't have any of the windows 8.1 start screen navigation settings checked  (I.E. stop using the start screen).

Ideas?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-15T07:11:05+00:00

    Thank you PK!  Your solution of uninstalling the Memeo extenstion solved the problem immediately.  I thought for sure I had a virus causing this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T05:32:23+00:00

    In digging further, I read in a column that "Memeo" backup program could be the culprit. But I had used this program on another WIndows 8.1 with no problem. Then I noticed Memeo installs an extention to "Windows explorer" as well. I removed that program (through Programs and Features" and the problem went away.

    So, for those of you who are facing this problem and have installed Memeo, removing that particular extention of Memeo could sovlve your problem.

    The rest of Memeo is working fine for me.

    PK

    Brilliant PK, solved my problem as I too have Memeo, removing this ext. also solved another issue I had, I was unable to open New Folders from the 'New Folder' icon in the Folders toolbar. Now is all good.

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-03T16:50:26+00:00

    What happened is you accidentally hit a shortcut key that changes your settings. I'm currently looking it up myself as I accidentally clicked it and a message popped up saying you have activated a shortcut.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-31T19:54:44+00:00

    Justlast knight,

    I would appreciate if you help us with more information.

    -Which shortcut arrows are you referring?

    Reply us with more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-23T22:52:57+00:00

    Another cause of this, is apparently, removing the shortcut arrows. (you may find this also affects file explorer (formerly windows explorer).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments