Right click 8.1 'start' button does nothing

Anonymous
2013-11-01T18:45:56+00:00

Hi;

Upgraded from windows store (original 8.0 clean install) to 8.1.  Everything worked fine, except the windows start button does not respond to a right mouse click.  Left button works fine (switches between desktop and start menu), Right mouse clicks works as expected on every other object.  I don't have any of the windows 8.1 start screen navigation settings checked  (I.E. stop using the start screen).

Ideas?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T07:59:06+00:00

    This is occurring happens if some unupdated antivirus like Norton, malware , etc first remove it after that restart it will be work..

    Thanks and regards,

    Chander

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-09T11:32:56+00:00

    I have a Surface3- I had an error with the arrow on top left corner not disappearing- somehow have disabled winkey+x and right click on start context menu appearing.

    Can I reset this- other user accounts are fine.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-04T19:38:13+00:00

    Many thanks for your Solution.

    It worked for me!! Got back my Windows 8.1 Start Button Menu.

    Do you know what caused the Start Button to loose the Menu?

    Was it a Windows Update or some Virus???

    OH it might have been Trojan.Gen2 and Norton that caused the problem???

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-02T02:03:34+00:00

    Thank You thenderaaaMS....I lost my right click after running Norton Power Eraser to remove the Trojan.Gen2....your fix work just great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-17T17:36:02+00:00

    Thank you so much, this worked for me, after restarting Windows Explorer in TaskMgr 

    Long live the PrairieNerds !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments