Thank you so much, this worked for me, after restarting Windows Explorer in TaskMgr
Long live the PrairieNerds !
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi;
Upgraded from windows store (original 8.0 clean install) to 8.1. Everything worked fine, except the windows start button does not respond to a right mouse click. Left button works fine (switches between desktop and start menu), Right mouse clicks works as expected on every other object. I don't have any of the windows 8.1 start screen navigation settings checked (I.E. stop using the start screen).
Ideas?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you so much, this worked for me, after restarting Windows Explorer in TaskMgr
Long live the PrairieNerds !
Thank you PK! Your solution of uninstalling the Memeo extenstion solved the problem immediately. I thought for sure I had a virus causing this.
In digging further, I read in a column that "Memeo" backup program could be the culprit. But I had used this program on another WIndows 8.1 with no problem. Then I noticed Memeo installs an extention to "Windows explorer" as well. I removed that program (through Programs and Features" and the problem went away.
So, for those of you who are facing this problem and have installed Memeo, removing that particular extention of Memeo could sovlve your problem.
The rest of Memeo is working fine for me.
PK
Brilliant PK, solved my problem as I too have Memeo, removing this ext. also solved another issue I had, I was unable to open New Folders from the 'New Folder' icon in the Folders toolbar. Now is all good.
Cheers
What happened is you accidentally hit a shortcut key that changes your settings. I'm currently looking it up myself as I accidentally clicked it and a message popped up saying you have activated a shortcut.
Justlast knight,
I would appreciate if you help us with more information.
-Which shortcut arrows are you referring?
Reply us with more information.