Another cause of this, is apparently, removing the shortcut arrows. (you may find this also affects file explorer (formerly windows explorer).
Right click 8.1 'start' button does nothing
Hi;
Upgraded from windows store (original 8.0 clean install) to 8.1. Everything worked fine, except the windows start button does not respond to a right mouse click. Left button works fine (switches between desktop and start menu), Right mouse clicks works as expected on every other object. I don't have any of the windows 8.1 start screen navigation settings checked (I.E. stop using the start screen).
Ideas?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-08-23T22:52:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-18T12:15:02+00:00 thanks!
create a new user,and login in use this new user
switch to the old user,and copy Group1,Group2,Group3
don't need logout, the right menu is do!
-
Anonymous
2014-05-17T16:24:49+00:00 Yes, the backup works fine. I am using it on this computer and actually never installed the extension.
Thanks again for posting a solution that worked!
-
Anonymous
2014-05-17T16:09:04+00:00 Hi,
Yes they are, I reported this a few months back. Memo said were aware of this issue and that the backup program would still work after uninstalling the browser extension. So far I haven't seen any updates to fix the extension.
D
-
Anonymous
2014-05-17T15:55:32+00:00 PK
Good find. I removed the extension on a system that was having the "right click" problem and it immediately went away. Wonder if Memeo is aware of the issue and is looking for a solution.
Interestingly, I had the same problem on a second computer that did not have that extension installed and the only solution I found was to create a new user.
OM