Thank you for the update.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.
Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?
Any help appreciated.. Thanks..
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for the update.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.
Hello Sharief Khan
sorry for the trouble but i really need your help
its just that i have the same problem as Fernando and i followed your steps, i uninstall the windows location provider and restart the computer, still there is nothing and then i followed the steps you told Brad about going to the Control panel and setting the location still the problem remain and the worst thing is that i put my internet modem and it doesn't work, it doesn't show that there is even a network.
but these modem works on other computer, it is indeed frustrating, please i need your help
Hi Abdulrahman,
I will do my best to help you fix the issue.
Please get back to us with the above information to assist you further.
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
5. Microsoft is the manufacturer of this software device, therefore there is no software update for the device!
Can you provide help in this case?
Zack Shhain, P.E.
San Francisco
Zack,
I would have you install all available Windows Updates including Optional Updates and check if it helps.
Please reply with the status.