Windows Location Provider not working in Win 8.1

Anonymous
2013-10-25T13:29:08+00:00

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.

Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?

Any help appreciated.. Thanks..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-06T10:11:47+00:00

    Hi Rafa,

    • Have you installed the latest version of drivers from the manufacturer?

    Please provide us with the more information of the issue to assist you better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-07T16:38:22+00:00

    FF doesn't work but also show's no error in the console log, like IE/maxthon do.  I have updated the chipsets drivers intel h77, reinstalled win8.1, updated bios.  No love.  Guessing it is the motherboard (perhaps the onboard lan).  The last thing that I want to try is to attach a wifi receiver and see if it will work with that.  I really don't want to have to RMA this board but sadly that might be the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-08T11:17:45+00:00

    Brad,

    You may refer to the link and change the location settings and see if it makes any difference.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh768219.aspx

    Hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-11T10:57:01+00:00

    Thanks a lot to the support engineer, worked like a charm. All problems fixed now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T17:21:56+00:00

    You are most welcome, Nithin.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments