I have the same issue. I have tried both of these and also updated the BIOS. Any other thoughts/fixes/workarounds. This is super annoying.
The event viewer shows that my location was accessed but shows no errors.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.
Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?
Any help appreciated.. Thanks..
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same issue. I have tried both of these and also updated the BIOS. Any other thoughts/fixes/workarounds. This is super annoying.
The event viewer shows that my location was accessed but shows no errors.
Hi Brad,
I would like to know more information about the issue. Please answer the following questions in order to assist you better.
Please get back to us with the above information to guide you in the right direction.
It's a Dell XPS8300 but the motherboard has been replaced with an AsRock h77 Pro4-M. I have updated the chipset drivers and updated the computer's bios. There is no error message, really. IE and Maxthon say 'geo location failed' in console (but just like a console.log basically, there is no error message/code or anything) and FF shows nothing at all. Windows event viewer shows that my location has been accessed but shows that there is nothing wrong. I fear it is perhaps just something with the mobo at this point but would love to not have to RMA it.
"A program accessed information from a location sensor or default location" - event viewer
One thing that is odd though, in Maxthon if I spam click the button on the site that requests the geo it will sometimes work but it is extremely inconsistent and unpredictable
Win8.1 pro 64bit
Hi Brad,
Thank you for the information.
I am confused when you say “FF shows nothing at all”. Does it working fine in Firefox or have the same issue?
I would suggest you to check these settings and see if it helps.
Hope this information helps. If you have any concerns, please let us know.
I had the same problem...I followed the steps and now the device is not showing up