Windows Location Provider not working in Win 8.1

Anonymous
2013-10-25T13:29:08+00:00

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.

Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?

Any help appreciated.. Thanks..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T11:00:08+00:00

    Windows 8.1 64 bit pro HP Pavilion N004tx and i am facing the problem of auto refresh. I checked the view-log and it was showing the windows location provider was throwing an error. I tried your steps but the issue didn't resolve. Kindly help.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Umang Goyal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments