I have the same issue. I have tried both of these and also updated the BIOS. Any other thoughts/fixes/workarounds. This is super annoying.
The event viewer shows that my location was accessed but shows no errors.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.
Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?
Any help appreciated.. Thanks..
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same issue. I have tried both of these and also updated the BIOS. Any other thoughts/fixes/workarounds. This is super annoying.
The event viewer shows that my location was accessed but shows no errors.
You are welcome Ritchie.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you face any Windows issues in future. We will be glad to be of assistance.
I had same problem with my Lenovo ThinkPad 2 and followed the above suggestion by Sharief K and all is working ok.
thanks for help
Ritchie
Hi Fernando,
Thank you for your response.
Glad to know that you have sorted out the issue.
Your efforts to resolve this issue is very much appreciated. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.
Hi Sharief,
Thanks a lot for the reply. I uninstalled it as per above steps and restarted the laptop. It worked perfectly.
Now Windows Location Provider is correctly showing under device Manager-> sensors.
Thanks again for the help.