Thank you for the update.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.
Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?
Any help appreciated.. Thanks..
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for the update.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.
Your first tip was helpful. Thank you!
Hi,
Thank you for the information.
We appreciate your feedback.
Sure, I agree, let me explain myself better: since I had just installed the manufacturer's latest driver, why was it then necessary to manually uninstall the Windows "WLP device" (which I am quite sure is just a thin configuration placeholder for some Windows middleware) and then tell Windows to refresh? Especially since Windows knew something was wrong with WLP. Windows should be able to figure this out automatically.
But, well, this is not really a support question, this is more of a RFE for the Windows dev team.
Hi,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
As the Windows Location Provider requires drivers from the manufacturer, Windows won’t install the drivers without the user intervention.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.