I recently upgraded to win 10 and my computer doesnt have the windows location provider driver please i need to reinstall.
Windows Location Provider not working in Win 8.1
Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.
Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?
Any help appreciated.. Thanks..
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-08-21T06:22:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-04-29T17:10:34+00:00 The windows location provider is a puzzle. It comes and goes at will. If uninstalled you can never reinstall. I just do not understand it. I wish if it just go away and never locate me, but the whole system depends on your location especially the equally stupid BING.
I noticed that in Windows 10 Preview they have changed the Location Provider to something else. We have to wait and see what surprises they have for us.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-29T16:24:27+00:00 Agreed, ...... numerous times I have been advised to "remove the engine" when a spark plug needed to be replaced ........... this is another "raw" driver I believe ..... a "class driver" ......... all the info needed is in the system32 Driver Store files ........ how to nstall them I idon't know ....... with all their resources, MS has never been able to provide a logical dictionary type manual to accomplish most things you have to do .... it CAN be done you just need the right person to organize the effort.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-30T15:30:29+00:00 I have experienced the same problem when I performed a clean install of Windows 8.1 Professional. Fortunately, I made a System Image when I installed Windows 8.1 back in 2014, which I am currently using.
The question is, and will always be, the problem exists, why doesn't Microsoft Fix it??????
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more