App Troubleshooter shows: Service registration is missing or corrupt and Windows Store configuration may be damaged

Anonymous
2014-07-16T13:42:07+00:00

I tried to troubleshoot and Windows 8.1 Apps because my apps don't run well after upgrading to Windows 8.1, here's the result

PrintWindows Store Apps Publisher details 

Issues found 

Service registration is missing or corruptService registration is missing or corrupt Not fixed Not Fixed 

Reset service registration Completed 

Windows Store configuration may be damagedWindows Store configuration may be damaged Detected Detected 

Re-register Windows Store Completed 

Display adapter drivers might be out-of-dateDisplay adapter drivers might be out-of-date Detected Detected 

Check for updated display adapter drivers Completed 

Windows Store cache may be damagedWindows Store cache may be damaged Fixed Fixed 

Reset and open Windows Store Completed 

Potential issues that were checked 

AppReadiness folder is missingAppReadiness folder is missing Issue not present  

Protected audio is turned offProtected audio is turned off Issue not present  

Folders required for Automatic Update are missingFolders required for Automatic Update are missing Issue not present  

Some security settings are missing or have been changedSome security settings are missing or have been changed

Some apps might not have access to required resources Issue not present  

Some security settings are missing or have been changedSome security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present  

Check for missing or corrupt filesCheck for missing or corrupt files Issue not present  

Microsoft account requiredMicrosoft account required Issue not present  

Your system administrator has turned off some settingsYour system administrator has turned off some settings Issue not present  

Common picture and video file formats aren't registeredCommon picture and video file formats aren't registered Issue not present  

You are not connected to the InternetYou are not connected to the Internet

You must be connected to the Internet to sync your settings. Issue not present  

Temporary Internet files location has changedTemporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present  

User Account Control has been disabledUser Account Control has been disabled Issue not present  

Issues found Detection details 

6 Service registration is missing or corrupt Not fixed Not Fixed 

Reset service registration Completed 

6 Windows Store configuration may be damaged Detected Detected 

Re-register Windows Store Completed 

6 Display adapter drivers might be out-of-date Detected Detected 

Check for updated display adapter drivers Completed 

6 Windows Store cache may be damaged Fixed Fixed 

Reset and open Windows Store Completed 

Potential issues that were checked Detection details 

 AppReadiness folder is missing Issue not present  

 Protected audio is turned off Issue not present  

 Folders required for Automatic Update are missing Issue not present  

 Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present  

Some apps might not have access to required resources 

 Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present  

 Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present  

 Microsoft account required Issue not present  

 Your system administrator has turned off some settings Issue not present  

 Common picture and video file formats aren't registered Issue not present  

 You are not connected to the Internet Issue not present  

You must be connected to the Internet to sync your settings. 

 Temporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present  

 User Account Control has been disabled Issue not present  

Detection details Expand 

InformationalService Status 

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.  

Collection information 

Computer Name:  NIEVES 

Windows Version: 6.3 

Architecture: x64 

Time: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:35:03 PM 

Publisher details Expand 

Windows Store Apps 

Troubleshoot problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly 

Package Version: 3.0.1.20140709 

Publisher: Microsoft Corporation 

Background Intelligent Transfer Service 

Find and fix problems that may prevent background downloads from working 

Package Version: 1.2.1.20140627 

Publisher: Microsoft Corporation 

Protected Audio 

Find and fix problems described in KB2777760 

Package Version: 1.0 

Publisher: Microsoft Corporation 

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

Original Title: App Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-23T11:23:40+00:00

Hello Roice,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the issue.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

Refer the dp1985 replied on October 19, 2013

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-winapps/impossible-to-get-rid-of-ms-resource-apps-that/b4515b5d-66f6-4926-abf7-ee25fb7d1175

Also see Troubleshoot problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-13T19:30:21+00:00

    Updating in case someone is in the same boat as me.  After exploring about 10 dif options for the 0xc00d11d2 error I found it was audio driver and/or zune hd driver issues causing that problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-10T18:59:46+00:00

    I found a fix from a different forum  Here is what they suggest

    **So, THIS IS FOR anyone getting "Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFE"**after trying the various powershell command fixes, and you feel desperate and frustrated! Make sure you have tried the simple things like being logged on to a windows account and having the right system requirements etc (although I doubt you would be here if you had not already tired everything else...). Anyway, here is what I did.

    1. Take ownership of: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository (There are tutorials all over the place on how to do this if needed.)
    2. Delete "PackageRepository.edb". You should also delete theedb.log andedb(numberxxx).log files. (I did NOT delete any XML files because I have so many unrelated ones in that folder).
    3. Reboot. I was definitely smiling after the reboot! The store and all apps, pcsettings, windows updates etc, all work. I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall apps. I didn't have to rerun the powershell scripts or do anything else. PackageRepository.edb recreates itself along with the log file. (I think that edb.chk has something to do with 'checking' it so don't delete that one.)
    4. Basically, for me, it was as simple as taking ownership of the AppRepository and deleting PackageRepository.edb and related log files. (The difference between jerzflow and me is that I didn't delete any XML files and instead went to what I think is the heart of the matter, the corrupted repository.)

    THis is from the forum https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c4147bcc-a430-43fe-b4e9-f999552568da/81-store-apps-wont-load?forum=w8itprogeneral

    Hope this helps

    URG!  Now I'm having issues with Music & Video apps.  Not sure if this is somehow related Error-code: 0xc00d11d2 (0x80070005).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-10T03:14:12+00:00

    I'm having the same issue.  When I open the store it goes to a screen telling me I might have to refresh my computer.  the troubleshooter tells me my configuration may be damaged, the sfc can't fix it.  To top it off I bought an upgrade from Win 7 to 8, then free upgrade ot 8.1, so to refresh, I would need to somehow reinstall 7 (don't have the disks and even if i did my comp doesn't have  a disk drive), then re-upgrade to 8, then upgrade ot 8.1 because my product key is an upgrade key.  This is the biggest craziness of all.  I'm willing to go through the **** of having to do a clean install or a refresh on my machine and re-install all of Adobe CS6, but i can't even do that because they want me to go through 8 more hoops before i even deal with that. 

    Sorry, i know everyone is doing their best, but this is super frustrating.  Even if they would just give me a new clean 8.1 key i would just do a clean install.

    But i'd still worry this might happen again and that there's no known fix

    If it helps, i tried the win store reset and the powershell command, no dice.  I got the "Deplyment failed with HRESULT: 0X80073CFE" error when i tried that.  I've also run sfc /scannow with no known issues.  My office upload is also having issues.  Are these tied together?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-05T02:52:56+00:00

    I did all that, nothing changed for me either. I still get "purchase could not be completed please try again later". My question now is why does microsoft need to have us all jumping through 499 hoops to try to fix something that you guys should already have a fix for and a link to that fix supplied to us. I am frustrated to the point of going to mac. My apps work fine and until 5 days ago I was able to purchase ingame content with no problem, then all of a sudden the error message. I did nothing different and there were no software updates when this happened. The apps still work except for the purchasing of in game content or purchasing paid apps. Figure out a fix and get it online. Having us do all this **** is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments