Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T16:07:40+00:00

    yes

    I can't post here without logging in.  But the ID/PWD have nothing to do with the computer.  They are pretty old.  Definitely used this account back when what is now the skype stuff was a simple old ms messenger (or something like that).  I also think I had some login back in the 90s when you had to log in to the online SDK stuff.  It is likely the same account although the email id will have changed.  In fact I vaguely remember that changing the ID/Email was a difficult thing to do back then.  It amazes me that something so simple can be ignored.  Even today.  iHeart doesn't have that ability.  Nor do a couple online retailers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T16:16:11+00:00

    anyway back on topic

    I'm guessing MS made a huge marketing blunder.  Simple as that.  They were too lazy or too cheap to develop a new OS that handled different targets.  So they guessed that they could force PC users in to a tablet mode.  So it never occurred to them that any significant people would object and not use the MS store.  And that any who do wouldn't bother and not care about errors proliferating through the logs.

    Now I think that the consumer niche is a main driver today but the business community is still pretty important.  And it seems pretty clear that the biz people wanted nothing to do with the metro interface and the MS store orientation.  And of course they have techs who do care about running clean machines. 

    I'm no longer in that environment but I still don't care about the MS store and do want a clean machine.  I was disappointed when I got 8.1 and found it didn't really go back to the start button menus.  So I put the clam shell on this laptop as soon as possible.

    If win 10 doesn't straighten things out, not sure what I'm going to do

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T16:28:14+00:00

    To me it just says that the technology is nowhere near "ready for prime time", but Microsoft's marketing has decided to push it through anyway.  Can't leave money on the table if there are customers to be fleeced!!!

    To put it in perspective:  We're only barely (just a few years) past the point where the OS actually runs stablywith everything local, and even then it's true only if you have great hardware, know how to configure it, and stay away from doing the things that are still flaky.

    That Microsoft thinks it's entirely ready to become a cloud/network-integrated solution, where people put complete trust in the system (and in Microsoft) to take care of their precious data is at the root of the problem.

    Anyone with half a mind can see why Microsoft is failing.  Someone decided to speed everything up.  Yes, that'll surely make the software better.

    -Noel


    Detailed how-to in my eBooks: Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options <br><br>Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-15T22:48:55+00:00

    Hi

    These Event errors about timing issues are meaningless for the computer end user.

    They are only useful for the software developer when optimizing the software programs they are developing.

    These timing issues are measured in Milliseconds (1 / 1,000) of a second). Most timing issues can not be detected unless you are using a developer tool to measue them.

    You can safely ignore these errors.

    Regards

    Unless you are like me where the computer promptly crashes completely and reboots with a power critical error stating the previous power-down was unexpected.

    These DCOM errors are always the last items in the event log before the events of the next boot up.  Suspicious, no?

    Again, this is a windows 8.1 machine on a local account, again the GUIDs related to the error trace back to skydrive.exe.  Frankly Microsoft's insistence that the skydrive is the savior of us all is irritating in a secure enterprise environment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T06:47:30+00:00

    Thank you So much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments