Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T03:58:40+00:00

    Hi Noel

    I agree with you !  I haven't found any Issues, it appears to be cosmetic. BUT Event Errors are annoying to see them, I'm sure Microsoft knows that that the problem exist and it seem many people on the web with the same issue.  I bet if there was errors with the Windows Store there would be a fix  the next day.

    I had my SSD brick on me so I reinstalled on my replacement SSD yesterday now instead  of the 2 that I had now i got 4 now, twins of each of what I had before

    I tried several  things but only to find the settings are in order, so I guess we have to wait and see what happens..

    Tuco

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-18T18:01:16+00:00

    Hey Ronnie,

    No disrespect intended, but your answer is insufficient.  People should NOT be advised to just ignore errors!

    There are those of us who would prefer our event logs to be clear of all errors, which would indicate the system is running entirely properly.  It has been possible to accomplish this in the past!

    There's some evidence that the error message "

    The server {

    BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001

    } did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." is related to SkyDrive (specifically, "Automatic Maintenance task to enable SkyDrive file sync to make progress while in Connected Standby")

    On the system on which I see this message I don't use nor want SkyDrive support.  It is set up with a local account.  The above message implies some part of the SkyDrive software is still trying to run.

    What do I have to disable to stop these events from happening once a day?

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-07T04:49:17+00:00

    Hi,

    Some info to add to Ronnie's good tips :

    MyEventViewer - Free - a simple alternative to the standard event viewer of Windows.

    TIP - Options - Advanced Filter allows you to see a time frame instead of the whole file -

    set it to a bit before and after the time of the EVENT.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/my\_event\_viewer.html

    This utility also allows you to easily clear (remove) one, several, or all of the Event Viewer logs. Only

    real reason to clear them would be to make it easier to read any new Events - those recorded after

    clearing.


    TechNet - Event Viewer

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766042.aspx

    TechNet - Clear an Event Log

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722318.aspx

    Hope this helps.


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-06T00:04:29+00:00

    Ronnie  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T23:17:20+00:00

    Hi

    Sometimes the way the Event Viewer works can be incomprehensible to someone looking at it for the first time.

    You did mention that "There seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer".

    This was the reason why I mentioned that these timing errors are usually noted in Milliseconds. This time period is usually so short that the end user will not even notice any effects in the software.

    The Event Viewer is designed to report these events as errors, even though the event may not create any error messages or noticeable effects in the UI.

    The errors may be created when Windows Defender runs, but the exact cause would require running special developer testing tools to pinpoint the exact problem. It could be anything, such as another software program or driver that may be using a large amount of resources.

    This is why I recommended that this error can be safely ignored.

    I also recommend that you spend some time looking through the Event Viewer and note the errors that you find. You will probably be surprised to find thousands of these errors in a typical system.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments