Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T21:31:28+00:00

    I had this issue amongst others (eg back-ups failed to launch) after the update from 8 to 8.1

    A technician on the other end of an elevated Microsoft support call reinstalled Windows from an 8.1 image (the install moves all your old data into a folder)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T13:56:00+00:00

    I noticed this this morning.  My small contribution is that I had read about how to avoid the skydrive / one drive whatever it is and installed 8.1 completely local.  Never have used skydrive and yet get these messages.  I haven't disabled those two tasks yet but will after writing this.  I can say that there are no triggers listed so they must be being invoked directly by some other process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T09:10:09+00:00

    Hi

    Is there a way to disable the skydrive scheduled tasks using GPO?

    Thanks in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-03T17:49:45+00:00

    I hope this helps someone.

    It sure has.

    Many thanks :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-19T11:21:44+00:00

    Noel probably tried skydrive once and then decided not to use it like the rest of us.  I am glad that he figured it out, because I had this same error coming up.  The bug as you reported it may not be accurate. 

    1. Either the system needs to know that Skydrive is off (or that you have turned it off) and disable the job.  It is not enough that the system is shipped with it off.  Some of us might try it and then decide not to use it.  8.1 pushes its use annoyingly and includes it on office products in a way that you feel you aren't doing something right by not using it.  So for this reason, Windows needs to know that you are not using it even if you have tried it once.
    2. The error simply does not have enough information at logging level.  It needs to say "Task Manager 'taskname' failed at logging into Skydrive" so that the user can fix or get rid of this problem without coming to a forum like this, not waste his time, be more productive and have more confidence in Microsoft products.

    Your originally posted answer is unacceptable and a "sweep the dust under the carpet" type of answer.  It obviously does not match the problem.  I have learned that "not answering" is the sometimes best answer.  I am sure that you have many useful posts and I am only talking about those that you don't know the answer to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments