Happy New Year to all.
MS - any response to my post above or this thread?
Thanks.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1
I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be. There seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.
Any help will be appreciated ,thanks
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM
Event ID: 10010
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony
Computer: ANTONIOBEAR
Description:
The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM
Event ID: 10010
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony
Computer: ANTONIOBEAR
Description:
The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />
<EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
-
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Happy New Year to all.
MS - any response to my post above or this thread?
Thanks.
I agree 100% with Noel.
Have just the past month loaded Win 7 Pro and Win 8.1 Pro (both 64-bit) on a new PC - as local account only - and am very annoyed that these errors appear as well as an error about failure to sync licenses with Windows Store.
I am not using - have never used - these MS services, and they should not be active at all, not from the start, and not until I voluntarily seek them.
I consider the OS's effort to link to MS a breach of my privacy until I voluntarily seek those services.
Also, I'm a lawyer. Is MS causing me to risk breaching client confidentiality as well as my own?
MS - what's your answer?
For Windows 10 we need a big checkbox somewhere that reads:
[ ] Enable Background Syncronization with OneDrive
I'd uncheck it, though many wouldn't. As it is, having to find and disable things piecemeal is somewhat akin to swimming upstream. It's doable, but tiring.
The good news is that once I disabled those entries in the Task Scheduler (quite a while ago) they haven't become re-enabled again by any updates or anything.
-Noel
| Detailed how-to in my eBooks: | Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options <br><br>Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options |
|---|
I had the same issue. Looking in Task Scheduler under SkyDrive I see the exact two server errors.
Proceed with disabling them with a Right-Click, disable.
I have been getting similar things and the most current entries for my 10010 are:
From my Event Log
EventId 10010
All are from 2014-10-14 back to 2014-10-13 (inclusive)
Registry shows
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\AppID{1A1F4206-0688-4E7F-BE03-D82EC69DF9A5}
Data: Sync Center Control
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID{4545dea0-2dfc-4906-a728-6d986ba399a9}
Data: Thumbnail Extraction Host Class
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{1b1f472e-3221-4826-97db-2c2324d389ae}
Data: SyncEngineCOMServer Class
AppId data: {EEABD3A3-784D-4334-AAFC-BB13234F17CF}
SyncEngineCOMServer
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}
Data: Automatic Maintenance task to enable SkyDrive file sync to make progress while in Connected Standby
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{37734C4D-FFA8-4139-9AAC-60FBE55BF3DF}
Data: BlbEngine Class
AppId data: {C3B65D83-FB15-4e3f-BA04-097D1E2B5AC1}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID{C3B65D83-FB15-4e3f-BA04-097D1E2B5AC1}
Data: Microsoft Block Level Backup Service
*****************************
All these seem to suggest Windows 8.1 Pro (on a Surface Pro 3) thinks that we are logged on to a Microsoft ID and are accessing Onedrive (Skydrive)?? Those who do not trust Microsoft with our data do NOT want Skydrive access implicitly. We will explicitly access this if we want. You need an option to indicate we are not logged into Microsoft. As a long time Microsoft user I am NOT interested in your CLOUD! I trust my data ONLY on my PC and not on your cloud. Why are you forcing us to be Apple or Google users??? I can understand that the low information person wants the convenience of this but please give us a proper option.