Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T16:16:11+00:00

    anyway back on topic

    I'm guessing MS made a huge marketing blunder.  Simple as that.  They were too lazy or too cheap to develop a new OS that handled different targets.  So they guessed that they could force PC users in to a tablet mode.  So it never occurred to them that any significant people would object and not use the MS store.  And that any who do wouldn't bother and not care about errors proliferating through the logs.

    Now I think that the consumer niche is a main driver today but the business community is still pretty important.  And it seems pretty clear that the biz people wanted nothing to do with the metro interface and the MS store orientation.  And of course they have techs who do care about running clean machines. 

    I'm no longer in that environment but I still don't care about the MS store and do want a clean machine.  I was disappointed when I got 8.1 and found it didn't really go back to the start button menus.  So I put the clam shell on this laptop as soon as possible.

    If win 10 doesn't straighten things out, not sure what I'm going to do

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T16:07:40+00:00

    yes

    I can't post here without logging in.  But the ID/PWD have nothing to do with the computer.  They are pretty old.  Definitely used this account back when what is now the skype stuff was a simple old ms messenger (or something like that).  I also think I had some login back in the 90s when you had to log in to the online SDK stuff.  It is likely the same account although the email id will have changed.  In fact I vaguely remember that changing the ID/Email was a difficult thing to do back then.  It amazes me that something so simple can be ignored.  Even today.  iHeart doesn't have that ability.  Nor do a couple online retailers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-03T23:35:44+00:00

    Not that I think they could or would cross up browsing info with OS operation, but...  Did you have to enter your username and password to post here?  I didn't.  ;-)

    -Noel


    Detailed how-to in my eBooks: Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options <br><br>Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-03T19:25:41+00:00

    My one drive settings look exactly like Noel's.  But MS can't be sending stuff to my one drive account as I never gave them the info when I installed the OS.  Local account only.  Of course they could be sending anything somewhere else without me knowing it but heck they could always have done that since the tcp stack went in in win 3(?).

    MS has a long history of treating its users shabbily.  I don't expect it to change until they are forced to.  Which the market might just make it sooner rather than later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-03T19:08:17+00:00

    Happy 2015 to you too, glnzglnz,

    I suppose it's not a given that the fact that there are remnants of scheduled OneDrive tasks still trying to run on a system with a local account implies that data is actually being sent to Microsoft - though I still maintain it should be possible to turn it ALL OFF and not suffer errors because Microsoft's focus is exclusively on sucking people into its cloud (not the least of which is hiding the ability to set up a local account in plain sight via small, dimmed text).

    Microsoft pretty clearly states that if you're not using a Microsoft Account on your system that you won't have at least SOME kinds of synchronization with OneDrive.  There is no definition of "SOME" however.

    Note for example, the red message at the to of the PC Settings App in Win 8.1 (and now in Win 10) in the OneDrive section.  Not particularly reassuring, especially since quite a few of the categories (e.g., "Passwords") show sliders set to "On" and unchangeable (grayed out).

    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Microsoft to answer, however.  They never do.

    -Noel


    Detailed how-to in my eBooks: Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options <br><br>Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments