Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-16T15:42:32+00:00

    Glad you found this correlation as I wouldn't have seeing how SkyDrive is disabled from use in Policy but I did see the event relating to a SkyDrive event failure.  -Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-29T18:22:25+00:00

    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have been getting this same error message daily for over  6 months, ever since MS forced the 8.1 upgrade on me. I tried this simple solution & it worked! I checked the SkyDrive history first & it was showing "run failure" every day  & I never use SkyDrive

    anyway so it was a no brainer for me to disable the maintenance tasks. For those who use SkyDrive there is an interesting fix thru MS, although it is an old article & it applies to 2003 Server you may still check into it. It says This problem occurs because the Windows Explorer operating system shell is not running on the terminal server. When a Component Object Model (COM) object tries to register, it posts a registration message to the Windows Explorer shell. Because the Windows Explorer shell is not running, the registration message times out. Subsequently, the COM component logs the event ID error message on the terminal server. article # 873375.

    PS.

         I totally agree with Ronnie Vernon, most of the time there is no reason to go bananas & do radical changes to your system. Patience & research usually pays off. It took me 6 months to find a simple solution to this error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-12T03:49:40+00:00

    On a contrary, those events are meaningful to those looking for their system to run properly.

    These type of events are indicative of a failure. If an application is not installed or enabled, either a task should be disabled, or timing fixed.

    Sidebar: a comment such as (this is)"…meaningless for the computer end user…" promotes ignorance in user behavior. "A. User "'s answer above gets a +1, unfortunately Microsoft failed to create a -1 button for your contribution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T18:37:34+00:00

    It does a bona fide search, even going so far as to tell you what files it couldn't open (because of security or basic sharing violations, etc.), so the results are rigorous.

    It will even find Unicode text inside files - something Microsoft's own Windows Search will not do.  I always found that amusing, since Unicode is Microsoft's baby.

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T16:31:30+00:00

    For good, high performance searching that will actually FIND everything, try the freeware tool grepWin by Stefan Kung.

    http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/grepWin.html

    -Noel

    thanks

    will give it a look.  interesting.  i have an old wingrep.  Don't think it is updated anymore but was decent at finding text inside files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments