Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-19T21:53:16+00:00

    I had these errors, but after doing a few tweaks to clean out my event log errors, I'm no longer getting them.  I was fixing more than one thing at the time, so it's theoretically possible that one of my other fixes resolved the DCOM errors as well, but what I *think* did the trick was going to Task Manager -> Startup and disabling the NVidia Backend startup program, which is supposed to belong to Geforce Experience but on the latest NVidia drivers it gets installed whether you install Geforce Experience or not.  If you're not using Geforce Experience, try disabling the NVidia Backend startup and see if the messages go away.  Please report back here if it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-19T12:34:49+00:00

    Yes, agree. FWIW the 10010 is a Lorem ipsum dolor sit ametmessage that lives on in Windows 10!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T23:45:16+00:00

    Lol guys. it's all good! Go in peace! ^__^

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T02:28:49+00:00

    Lighten up dude! You can disagree with someone without becoming so offensive! If you are such a geek as you claim to be, you should be able to solve the problem yourself without having to get advice from us amateurs. If you check your logs you will probably  see that the exact same functions are being performed now as were being accomplished before the so-called E.V. "errors" started popping up. As I previously stated, most E.V. errors are timing issues solvable only by MS because the problem is in the software code. My suggestion to MS is to write the code to give a few more MILLISECONDS before it registers as an "error".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-19T13:53:15+00:00

    That is one arrogant statement.

    I ended up reading this thread because I was looking for root cause for the same error. And I do system r&d, design, and architecture for a living... for some 20 years now

    The next time you hear a grinding sound out of your car's engine, just forget about it, it is still driving, right?

    There is a difference between accepting a risk in an improperly working product and ignorance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments