Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T23:45:16+00:00

    Lol guys. it's all good! Go in peace! ^__^

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T02:28:49+00:00

    Lighten up dude! You can disagree with someone without becoming so offensive! If you are such a geek as you claim to be, you should be able to solve the problem yourself without having to get advice from us amateurs. If you check your logs you will probably  see that the exact same functions are being performed now as were being accomplished before the so-called E.V. "errors" started popping up. As I previously stated, most E.V. errors are timing issues solvable only by MS because the problem is in the software code. My suggestion to MS is to write the code to give a few more MILLISECONDS before it registers as an "error".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-05T18:20:20+00:00

    Obviously we have differences of opinion concerning Event Viewer errors. I respect your enthusiasm for trying to learn all you can about your system. I believe we both have very valid points to make. I have spent many hours in the past trying to find answers to Event Viewer errors & for the most part no longer consider it worth my while to make more than a cursory investigation of them. Several MS techs, including Ronnie Vernon & others have recommended the same thing. I do seem to have more confidence in MS solving their problems. The red x critical errors you mentioned appear under reliability history in Win 10,  not the event viewer log and are indeed very rare. The event viewer errors are more often than not timing errors which can only be solved by MS, usually in their next upgrade.

    That is not to say that anyone should not spend all the time & energy they desire to investigate & attempt to mitigate these usually minor errors, that is an individual's personal decision, it's just not for me. I would rather be spending my time on more important things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T22:41:39+00:00

    I didn't meant to be disrespectful to you by any means. And I am not "emo" about my computer. But a computer is not a toaster or a calculator as you claim: your toaster doesn't receive updates (yet) ! It's just... I'm not a fan of " closing my eyes" to what is occurring around me. This forum is meant for people to go further after all! I understand these errors are insignificant now I can live with that. But I will still stand they should be in yellow instead of bloody red critical if they are! :P

    I think questioning things is a healthy process, in computers as in life... my car example.... being knowledgeable can avoid you being scammed by your mechanics guy... or by Microsoft. Time after time ignorance failed the users cause Windows running by itself will eventually fail! XD

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T22:09:52+00:00

    I believe it is somewhat arrogant of you to characterize my remarks as the "loser way of thinking". I understand that many people, such as yourself, apparently have an emotional attachment to your computer. I consider a computer as strictly a tool to be used to accomplish tasks & no more important than a calculator or any other appliance & certainly not worthy of wasting a lot of my time trying to run down the cause of insignificant  timing errors. It has been my experience that MS will address these issues in their next upgrade & then present even newer "errors". Of course I am not trying to discourage anyone from pursuing a greater knowledge of how their system works, just for me, it has not proven to be worth spending a great deal of time on. After all, there is much more to life than staring at a computer screen all day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments