I think it is somehow the "loser" way of thinking. Red X errors are labled as "critical" by windows. For an untrained eye, a fatal video card and these errors will be seen on the same level. If they are as casual as you claim, then they should be in yellow as "advertisement" instead. I believe it is okay for a user to go further and try to understand how Windows is working.... overall like a car... nothing is never at 100 %.... But someone who give just a little more care then he will be able to notice when things go wrong, therefore repairing before the cost gets higher (if you "FORGET ABOUT IT"). Such careful users overall will extend the life duration of their material (cars, computer, or anything else.)
Event Error 10010
I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1
I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be. There seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.
Any help will be appreciated ,thanks
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM
Event ID: 10010
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony
Computer: ANTONIOBEAR
Description:
The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />
<EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date: 11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM
Event ID: 10010
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony
Computer: ANTONIOBEAR
Description:
The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />
<EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
-
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-07-02T22:27:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-07-02T17:41:29+00:00 I whole-heartily agree with you. These young guys seem to think they need to solve every little hiccup in their system & this is of course impossible. You have given some of the best advice I have ever found regarding event viewer "errors." It is annoying, of course, to continually see these same errors pop up every day, but I have found that MS usually solves these errors with the next upgrade, only to present more new errors with the "new & improved" version. As another MS tech said " as long as your system continues to perform OK, FORGET ABOUT IT!
-
Anonymous
2016-05-16T15:42:32+00:00 Glad you found this correlation as I wouldn't have seeing how SkyDrive is disabled from use in Policy but I did see the event relating to a SkyDrive event failure. -Thanks
-
Anonymous
2015-05-29T18:22:25+00:00 THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have been getting this same error message daily for over 6 months, ever since MS forced the 8.1 upgrade on me. I tried this simple solution & it worked! I checked the SkyDrive history first & it was showing "run failure" every day & I never use SkyDrive
anyway so it was a no brainer for me to disable the maintenance tasks. For those who use SkyDrive there is an interesting fix thru MS, although it is an old article & it applies to 2003 Server you may still check into it. It says This problem occurs because the Windows Explorer operating system shell is not running on the terminal server. When a Component Object Model (COM) object tries to register, it posts a registration message to the Windows Explorer shell. Because the Windows Explorer shell is not running, the registration message times out. Subsequently, the COM component logs the event ID error message on the terminal server. article # 873375.
PS.
I totally agree with Ronnie Vernon, most of the time there is no reason to go bananas & do radical changes to your system. Patience & research usually pays off. It took me 6 months to find a simple solution to this error message.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-12T03:49:40+00:00 On a contrary, those events are meaningful to those looking for their system to run properly.
These type of events are indicative of a failure. If an application is not installed or enabled, either a task should be disabled, or timing fixed.
Sidebar: a comment such as (this is)"…meaningless for the computer end user…" promotes ignorance in user behavior. "A. User "'s answer above gets a +1, unfortunately Microsoft failed to create a -1 button for your contribution.