Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T18:37:34+00:00

    It does a bona fide search, even going so far as to tell you what files it couldn't open (because of security or basic sharing violations, etc.), so the results are rigorous.

    It will even find Unicode text inside files - something Microsoft's own Windows Search will not do.  I always found that amusing, since Unicode is Microsoft's baby.

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T16:31:30+00:00

    For good, high performance searching that will actually FIND everything, try the freeware tool grepWin by Stefan Kung.

    http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/grepWin.html

    -Noel

    thanks

    will give it a look.  interesting.  i have an old wingrep.  Don't think it is updated anymore but was decent at finding text inside files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T15:57:30+00:00

    For good, high performance searching that will actually FIND everything, try the freeware tool grepWin by Stefan Kung.

    http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/grepWin.html

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T15:10:45+00:00

    I didn't even register for the store when I installed 8.1

    Yes, local is finally decent.  Until recently I cringed when installing a program and setting it up so that the data pointed to some data drive.  And MS was often the worst at screwing up if you had the audacity to want to separate data from program which I mostly did for backup reasons.

    I'm currently thinking about looking for a third party search as MS has really crapped up the current one having finally gotten one that works (without the stupid dog).    Had to write my own for windows 2.0.  Maybe have to do it again.

    I only regret is having not bought a few retail win7s.  They seem all gone now.  Just see the OEM versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-17T06:47:30+00:00

    Thank you So much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments