Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-16T04:07:56+00:00

    I have been getting similar things and the most current entries for my 10010 are:

    From my Event Log

    EventId 10010

    All are from 2014-10-14 back to 2014-10-13 (inclusive)

    Registry shows

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\AppID{1A1F4206-0688-4E7F-BE03-D82EC69DF9A5}

    Data: Sync Center Control

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID{4545dea0-2dfc-4906-a728-6d986ba399a9}

    Data: Thumbnail Extraction Host Class

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{1b1f472e-3221-4826-97db-2c2324d389ae}

    Data: SyncEngineCOMServer Class

    AppId data: {EEABD3A3-784D-4334-AAFC-BB13234F17CF}

    SyncEngineCOMServer

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}

    Data: Automatic Maintenance task to enable SkyDrive file sync to make progress while in Connected Standby

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{37734C4D-FFA8-4139-9AAC-60FBE55BF3DF}

    Data: BlbEngine Class

    AppId data: {C3B65D83-FB15-4e3f-BA04-097D1E2B5AC1}

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID{C3B65D83-FB15-4e3f-BA04-097D1E2B5AC1}

    Data: Microsoft Block Level Backup Service

    *****************************

    All these seem to suggest Windows 8.1 Pro (on a Surface Pro 3) thinks that we are logged on to a Microsoft ID and are accessing Onedrive (Skydrive)??  Those who do not trust Microsoft with our data do NOT want Skydrive access implicitly.  We will explicitly access this if we want.  You need an option to indicate we are not logged into Microsoft.  As a long time Microsoft user I am NOT interested in your CLOUD!   I trust my data ONLY on my PC and not on your cloud.  Why are you forcing us to be Apple or Google users???  I can understand that the low information person wants the convenience of this but please give us a proper option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T21:31:28+00:00

    I had this issue amongst others (eg back-ups failed to launch) after the update from 8 to 8.1

    A technician on the other end of an elevated Microsoft support call reinstalled Windows from an 8.1 image (the install moves all your old data into a folder)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T13:56:00+00:00

    I noticed this this morning.  My small contribution is that I had read about how to avoid the skydrive / one drive whatever it is and installed 8.1 completely local.  Never have used skydrive and yet get these messages.  I haven't disabled those two tasks yet but will after writing this.  I can say that there are no triggers listed so they must be being invoked directly by some other process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-15T09:10:09+00:00

    Hi

    Is there a way to disable the skydrive scheduled tasks using GPO?

    Thanks in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T17:20:50+00:00

    In my case I think I've found the stimulus that causes the error, and I appear to have stopped it from happening...

    In the Task Scheduler, once you expand Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows, scroll down and click on SkyDrive, you find two scheduled jobs, "Idle Sync Maintenance Task" and "Routine Maintenance Task".  I found that disabling both of these jobs has caused the error message to cease.

    I don't think disabling these jobs will be a good solution for everyone, since there may be useful things that these jobs [are supposed to] do, but for me, since I have no interest in SkyDrive, disabling them is fine.

    I hope this helps someone.

    -Noel

    Noel - thanks for this post.  I have looked and looked for this solution - I don't use SkyDrive.  I appreciate your solution.  Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments