Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-19T13:53:15+00:00

    That is one arrogant statement.

    I ended up reading this thread because I was looking for root cause for the same error. And I do system r&d, design, and architecture for a living... for some 20 years now

    The next time you hear a grinding sound out of your car's engine, just forget about it, it is still driving, right?

    There is a difference between accepting a risk in an improperly working product and ignorance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T03:37:38+00:00

    Hi Noel

     

    According to my original research notes on Windows 8, those 2 scheduled tasks should be disabled until the first time you use Skydrive.

     

    There is definitely a bug in those tasks with Windows 8.1.

     

    Even with Skydrive enabled and working as expected, they still log the Dcom 10010 error each time they run?

     

    I logged a bug report for this problem.

     

    Regards

    These are not insignificant errors. Something is wrong with those scheduled tasks from Skydrive. While failing, they prevent the PC to go to sleep with no power troubleshooter whatsoever. The only cure for now is to be on a local account and zap Skydrive completely. (Enable the 3 options in the skydrive group policy, disable the 2 sdrive scheduled tasks and sync in PC configuration. Please MS fix this! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-20T19:46:25+00:00

    Hi Ronnie

    For some reason Im back to those 2 errors instead of duplicates of each,  as I don't use Skydrive I disabled  those 2 tasks all seems fine and no Errors, the weird part of this, every time those 2 errors appeared were always the exact time Windows Defender ran in the background but anyway they are gone.

    thanks again

    Have a happy Holiday

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-06T00:04:29+00:00

    Ronnie  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T03:58:40+00:00

    Hi Noel

    I agree with you !  I haven't found any Issues, it appears to be cosmetic. BUT Event Errors are annoying to see them, I'm sure Microsoft knows that that the problem exist and it seem many people on the web with the same issue.  I bet if there was errors with the Windows Store there would be a fix  the next day.

    I had my SSD brick on me so I reinstalled on my replacement SSD yesterday now instead  of the 2 that I had now i got 4 now, twins of each of what I had before

    I tried several  things but only to find the settings are in order, so I guess we have to wait and see what happens..

    Tuco

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments