error code 85050025 - exchange email sync

Anonymous
2014-08-18T12:26:04+00:00

Phone and email have been working beautifully for 6 months, when suddenly get email sync error code 85050025.

All account details are correct, just not working on my Nokia 925. Am connecting to Microsoft Exchange server.

Any ideas to remove would be great.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T11:21:17+00:00

    Sadly agree. If I was not on contract, my phone would have gone in the bin. My IT team have been working with Microsoft to fix. A week without emails is just not acceptable for business. Sigh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-21T04:25:06+00:00

    I have the same problem on my phone and Surface which started on Monday (Sunday in US time). Cannot sync email on either device, have recieved both types of errors also i.e. 80072F8F and 85050025. Have done soft resets, removed and added the account several times, and these don't work. This is my work email and I have our IT dept trying to look into it. I am not expecting an answer from them anytime soon, given based on what I've researched this seems to be a Microsoft issue which has been happening for some time for different people with different devices. I am at the point where I will have to do a factory settings reset, in the hope that this may fix the issue, which is not guaranteed from what I've read online, as other with this problem have done this a dn the problem eventually comes back (likely to be when the exchange certificate expires again).

    It is disappointing that I have to use an Android device when out of the office to access corporate email because Microsoft can't get their systems to work together properly! Then they wonder why WP is not gaining traction in enterprise, when issues likes this cannot be resolved.

    Even more disappointing is I am using a Lumia 930 which I got 3 weeks ago, and am now locked into a contract for 2 yrs with a phone that I can't use properly for work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-20T10:40:23+00:00

    any updates on how to fix it?

    :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-20T09:52:37+00:00

    On both phones the error is now different. I am now getting 80072F8F...

    It looks like there's a problem with the certificate for mail.company.com. You can try turning off WiFi for a moment and then turning it back on, or just wait a little while before trying to sync again.

    Error Code: 80072F8F

    obviously following this advice does nothing... this must surely be a bigger problem across the whole WP8.1DP community?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-20T09:42:40+00:00

    That is the same timing for me. Interestingly, my Surface no longer syncs either.

    Anyone else experiencing similar?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments