Asus M80TA stylus is not working I2C HID Device Error Code10

Anonymous
2014-04-25T19:03:01+00:00

Hi,

I have an M80TA Asus vivotab note 8, which has worked fine for almost 2 months. Then suddenly the stylus wasn't registered, but after a reboot everything seemed to work again. The next day it happened again but then the stylus stopped working at all. I receive code 10 error message regardless whether the wacom driver is installed or not. I also went through the latest wacom driver install / remove, removed the display adapter but to no avail (this was suggested in a related thread).

I've reinstalled the whole windows wiping the whole drive, but still nothing. The same error 10 appears. Is it possible that the wacom stylus has gone out of work? Are there any fixes I should download from Microsoft?

Please help me in solving this issue.

Roland

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-26T16:01:27+00:00

Hi Roland,

Let’s check the following registry location:

Note: You need to log in as administrator to perform this task.

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

  • Use your hand to perform these steps.
  • Press Windows key + R key.
  • Type regedit in the run box, hit Enter in the keyboard.
  • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the below location:

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class*

  • You should see a long list of registry subkeys, try to find the below registry key.

4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

  • Right click on it and click Delete.
  • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  • Exit Registry Editor.
  • Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please contact the Asus support.

http://vip.asus.com/FORUM/

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-15T03:58:59+00:00

    You are correct never buy windows 8 again. ASUS product is junk and there help line is useless. Been having this issue for 6 months and their tech help issues are terrible. They have no clue how to address this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-06T04:30:17+00:00

    Hi, Roland

    Just curious to know whether after repair at ASUS, the Wacom stylus problem has reappeared or not? Has it been fixed for good? I am thinking of getting my tablet fixed by ASUS. Please reply asap. Thanks

    Wilfred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-06T05:15:24+00:00

    Hi, jed72

    Your method worked for me as well. I have done this so many times. Just curious! Has the pen stopped working again? Did you have to do it many times like I did.

    Please reply if you have anything to add.

    Kind regards

    Wilfred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-06T06:05:33+00:00

    Hi Wilfred,

    My pen stopped working completely after a month or so.

    I did some research on YouTube

    I removed the back cover and straightened the cables on both sides. 

    I have not had any problems since.

    Please follow the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNH2837P6AM

    Hope this is helpful. 

    Jan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments