Asus M80TA stylus is not working I2C HID Device Error Code10

Anonymous
2014-04-25T19:03:01+00:00

Hi,

I have an M80TA Asus vivotab note 8, which has worked fine for almost 2 months. Then suddenly the stylus wasn't registered, but after a reboot everything seemed to work again. The next day it happened again but then the stylus stopped working at all. I receive code 10 error message regardless whether the wacom driver is installed or not. I also went through the latest wacom driver install / remove, removed the display adapter but to no avail (this was suggested in a related thread).

I've reinstalled the whole windows wiping the whole drive, but still nothing. The same error 10 appears. Is it possible that the wacom stylus has gone out of work? Are there any fixes I should download from Microsoft?

Please help me in solving this issue.

Roland

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-26T16:01:27+00:00

Hi Roland,

Let’s check the following registry location:

Note: You need to log in as administrator to perform this task.

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

  • Use your hand to perform these steps.
  • Press Windows key + R key.
  • Type regedit in the run box, hit Enter in the keyboard.
  • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the below location:

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class*

  • You should see a long list of registry subkeys, try to find the below registry key.

4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

  • Right click on it and click Delete.
  • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  • Exit Registry Editor.
  • Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please contact the Asus support.

http://vip.asus.com/FORUM/

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-10T21:00:44+00:00

    I am having the reverse issue, my finger doesn't work on the touch screen but my stylus does. Do you think this could be the same type of sensor issue? 

    I have been trying to veer away from sending my tablet in for repair, however, I have not been able to find any fix online...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-25T22:56:35+00:00

    Mine stopped working also.  I got my pen working again and haven't had a problem so far

    I uninstalled the driver

    Reboot

    Went to the Asus support for M80TA drivers and tools

    There I downloaded the wacom digitizer under Others

    Save

    Then go to download folder, unzip and run setup

    It should prompt you to restart.

    Pen should work upon restart

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-04T15:10:51+00:00

    Hi all,

    maybe it sounds too simple, but I could solve the same problem: Stylus not working after some month. Solved without changing registry or such deep technical stuff.

    I went to www.asustreiber.de (should be something similar in english, too). Choose "Downloads" -> "Treiber für Windows XP/Vista/7/8" -> "Sonstige Treiber" -> "M80TA Wacom Firmware". Direct link is (or was at that time):

    www.asustreiber.de/downloads/viewcategory/83-sonstige-treiber/880-m80ta-wacom-firmware

    After downloading and extracting the zip file I got three files. One word document describing the update process (in english) and two .exe files. First .exe determines the actual driver version - in my case it was FW Ver. 0x2306. Second .exe updates to version FW Ver. 0x2309.

    I read about a couple of temporary fixes after deactivatin and activating the different drivers. On my VIVO NoteTab Stylus is now running again - if it is also only temporarely I'll come back and post it.

    Best regards

    Alois

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-06T19:14:15+00:00

    For those with M80TA pen problems, it appears it may be caused by a digitizer cable problem.  Users have swapped and/or reseated the cable with success.  Of course you have to do surgery on the unit but it seems to be worth it.  Here's a thread that discusses this solution.

    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/diy-fix-for-the-asus-vivotab-note-8-pen-failure.63696/

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments