Asus M80TA stylus is not working I2C HID Device Error Code10

Anonymous
2014-04-25T19:03:01+00:00

Hi,

I have an M80TA Asus vivotab note 8, which has worked fine for almost 2 months. Then suddenly the stylus wasn't registered, but after a reboot everything seemed to work again. The next day it happened again but then the stylus stopped working at all. I receive code 10 error message regardless whether the wacom driver is installed or not. I also went through the latest wacom driver install / remove, removed the display adapter but to no avail (this was suggested in a related thread).

I've reinstalled the whole windows wiping the whole drive, but still nothing. The same error 10 appears. Is it possible that the wacom stylus has gone out of work? Are there any fixes I should download from Microsoft?

Please help me in solving this issue.

Roland

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-26T16:01:27+00:00

Hi Roland,

Let’s check the following registry location:

Note: You need to log in as administrator to perform this task.

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

  • Use your hand to perform these steps.
  • Press Windows key + R key.
  • Type regedit in the run box, hit Enter in the keyboard.
  • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the below location:

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class*

  • You should see a long list of registry subkeys, try to find the below registry key.

4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

  • Right click on it and click Delete.
  • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  • Exit Registry Editor.
  • Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please contact the Asus support.

http://vip.asus.com/FORUM/

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T14:32:49+00:00

    As owners of this tablet, we have been trying to solve this issue by ourselves for years now! Still no improvement though.

    I also tried many of the fixes described here and there, some worked with win 8.1 for some time, many didn't with win 10. But now I realized that the pen actually is working at the welcome screen, I can use pen to type my password, then as the windows fully starts, the pen stops working. So it cannot be a hardware issue. It is just a simple conflict of the driver with something else. My question was if anyone has idea what this can be, or how to find the other service or software which causes this?

    But then I run msconfig.exe and selected "Diagnostic startup" and pen was working properly.. Of course many other things were not.

    Then I decided to restart normally, and run services.exe and try to stop each service other than the ones that were running at the diagnostics startup to find the problematic service. I started with Wacom ISD Service. I stopped it. And pen started working!? Will you please try this and announce if it works for you as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T09:50:03+00:00

    I have given up on the stylus. As far as I am concerned, stylus is not there. Will upgrade soon to a better tablet

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T06:23:09+00:00

    Now this is strange. I also had this problem once, it was then gone for months and now it comes back. Might even have been the same day as yours. I am however sure it's the cable.

    Do you want to know how I fixed it the first time? I accidentally dropped it hard onto the concrete. The shock probably realigned the cable and the stylus was working again. Not sure whether I should do that again 😄

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T12:04:58+00:00

    Hi,

    Deja Vu!

    The problem comes back in a matter of few weeks to two months.

    Mark my word.

    Kind regards

    Wilfred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments